This lovely drink comes to us from member @bellab who by all accounts is a fabulously clever cook. It would be great for a winter warmer, or let it cool and add it to a blender with a handful of ice for a nice chai frappe.
* 3 Rooibos tea bags or 3 teaspoons loose leaf tea
* 1.5 Liters water
* 10 to 12 cloves
* 1 heaped teaspoon black pepper – loosely pounded in mortar and pestle
* Approximately 20 cardamon pods – loosely pounded in mortar and pestle
* 1 cinnamon stick or a piece of cassia bark
* 2 star anise
* 2 bay leaves
* A big knob of fresh ginger grated
* 1 tin coconut milk
* A big dollop of raw unprocessed honey or agave syrup
Method: Combine all ingredients. Bring to boil in a large pot then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain into cups and enjoy.