I had a bunch of girlfriends over this week and went to the effort of making this really delicious mocktail! There are a few steps to go through but for a special occasion it is really worth the effort.
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1 1/4 cups rose water
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pink food colouring
Fresh ginger juice or ginger ale
Fresh lemon juice
* First make your rose water syrup by putting the sugar, water, 1 cup of rosewater and salt into a pot.
* Stir to combine and allow the sugar to dissolve over medium heat.
* When the sugar has dissolved, let the syrup come to a simmer and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes.
* Add the remaining ¼ cup of rose water and vanilla extract to the warm syrup and stir it in.
* Add a few drops of pink food coloring to get the colour you desire.
* Leave to cool.
* If you are using fresh ginger juice peel your fresh ginger and juice it in a juicing machine
To make each drink;
* Mix approx 20 ml of rose water syrup, 10ml of lemon juice and 5ml of ginger juice (if using)
* Top with fizzy water (or ginger ale if not using ginger juice)