My sister Juliet is an awesome cook and has just started a new foodie Instagram account called @feedingfive… from which I have stolen this recipe (with her permission!). I am going to try this for sure. It looks delicious – healthy, and warming for these cold winter mornings we’re experiencing in New Zealand….
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cinnamon, plus extra to sprinkle
4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp finely ground black pepper
2 cups water
1 cup milk of choice to serve (Juliet uses almond or rice milk)
To make the turmeric and ginger chai base:
* Combine all ingredients (except milk) in a pot.
* Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
* You can keep this base mixture in the fridge for up to two weeks.
To make a latte:
* Warm 1/4 cup chai base on the stove or in the microwave
* Heat/froth 1 cup of milk
* Combine both liquids in a mug or heatproof glass and sprinkle with cinnamon